General Statement of Responsibilities: The primary duty of the KEYS Academy Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to the KEYS Academy Director, other members of KEYS Academy management staff, and all other KEYS Academy staff assigned to the school. The KEYS Academy Administrative Assistant may also serve as the school’s receptionist, and train and supervise other administrative clerical staff.
- Checks and sorts mail
- Maintains a school calendar
- Takes, distributes and maintains meeting minutes
- Creates, distributes, and maintains contact lists
- Assists in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Copies/maintains supplies of necessary forms/handbooks for school use
- Maintains staff attendance records and submit for payroll
- Collects, reviews, documents incident reports in student files and in PraxiSchool as directed
- Mails/E-Mails reports to LEA’s, parents, etc.
- Other duties as required by Director
Support of Student-Related Services:
- Completes routine filing and audits of student files
- Initiates student file compilation after application (check for completeness/accuracy)
- Follows up with required forms in student files
- Creates new intake files
- Keeps electronic intake packet current
- Generates admissions letters (obtain Directors Signature)
- Enters student in PraxiSchool
- Maintains updated information in PraxiSchool
- Gathers and records school attendance in PraxiSchool
- Completes billing responsibilities for assigned school
- Regularly inventories, orders and purchases student related supplies including food and beverages required for student meals
- Regularly inventories, orders and purchases office supplies
- Tracks student birthdays and coordinate student birthday celebrations
- Coordinates student lunch program including making and distributing menus
- Mail student report cards
- Provides supervision to students only as directed by Director or Designee
- Follows up with LEA requests for student information
Support of Medication Administration:
- Maintainsup-to-dateMAT training
- Maintains Medication Administration Documentation, equipment and quality control
- Checks for completeness/accuracy and update at minimum every 6 months
- Acquires and maintain Epi-Pens
- Assures security of meds
- Oversees medication administration program
Human Resources Support:
- Advertises for qualified personnel
- Schedules interviews with potential applicants. Attends interviews to assist with paperwork and prequalification work.
- Requests proof of valid VA Driver’s License for [potential] new hires
- Coordinates acquisition of Tuberculosis screenings for [potential] new hires
- Runs DMV record on new hires for satisfactory DMV record; collects and maintains proof of up-to-date staff driving credentials (proof of current / adequate: automobile insurance, registration, license, and state inspection of vehicle)
- Completes on-boarding of new employees
- Maintains files on current employees supporting that they are eligible in Virginia to provide direct services to students.
Facilities Management Support:
- Assists Director in maintaining technology (office and student)
- Inspects facilities for routine and specific maintenance needs. Report and coordinates needed repairs and maintenance. Schedules maintenance personnel as needed.
- Assists in scheduling of yearly maintenance and building safety procedures as assigned by Director
- Communicates specific needs for housekeeping/to responsible staff (including routine tasks completed by school staff and tasks completed by housekeeping)
- Secures and files a copy of signed W-9 form for all maintenance/service providers
- Schedules annual inspections of fire safety systems
- Provides routine staff training to new hires and annual trainings to staff and documents same
- Resolves technology issues by communicating needs to appropriate individuals
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The KEYS Academy Administrative Assistant must possess the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Required Education & Experience Credential:
Degree in related field preferred with at least 3-years work experience in an administrative support position. Must have extensive successful experience in utilizing office technology, business applications software, public relations, facilities management, business operations and human resources support. Completion of competency based training in the following areas: universal precautions training, Human Rights training
De-escalation and physical restraint crisis intervention techniques training, Medication administration training, Confidentiality training, Ethics training and CPR/First Aid certification. Completion of training in APEX, Odyssey and PraxiSchool computer-based programs.
- Effective interpersonal communications/relations.
- Principles and practices of confidentiality, ability to maintain confidentiality
- Skills required for accurate data entry.
- Excellent organization skills with an eye to detail.
- Computer and communication proficiency.
- Effective record keeping, file organization, and compliance with related regulatory bodies.
- Excellent time management and productivity including efficient use of resources
[i.e. time, maximizing resources to support administrative functions]
Skills and Abilities in:
- Effective written and oral communications skills & abilities as pertains to business.
- Computer operations of all Microsoft programs including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and the ability to learn and use other software programs.
- Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing
- Maintaining professional relationships with administration, staff, students, parents and community agents
- Independent working ability; requiring minimal supervision
Necessary Physical Abilities
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, feel objects, tools or controls; operate a vehicle; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
*Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified.