KEYS Academy Charlottesville is a Private Day School licensed by the Virginia Department of Education to serve Special Education students in grades K through 12. We are located at 3020 Fontaine Ave Extended, Charlottesville, VA 22903. Our Phone number is 434-995-5810. If you need to reach us by fax, our fax number is 434-995-5768. If you would like to contact us, please click here.
First Quarter Director’s Wrap-Up: 2018-2019 School Year,
It was such a pleasure to welcome back both familiar and new faces for the start of our 2018-2019 school year. Our teachers put in a lot of time preparing engaging academic lessons and Social Thinking activities this quarter that will help each student not only progress academically, but also develop a strong sense of how to maintain their emotional well being while working towards their Big Life!
This year we will focus on the “Power of the Group”. KEYS staff will continue to promote and encourage expected and age-appropriate group behaviors throughout the day. Our hope is that with explicit instruction and guided practice in group situations our students will be able to independently maintain appropriate group discussions, behaviors, and interactions.
I look forward to watching each student learn and grow through this new school year, and I also encourage parents and caregivers to call if they have questions. I have included a list of important upcoming dates below:
Janna Kincaid, Director
On December 2017, KEYS Academy-Charlottesville received word that they have been granted accreditation status through VAISEF, Virginia Association of Independent Special Education Facilities. This is a 5 year accreditation period. KEYS Academy-Charlottesville is also licensed through the VDOE. Congratulations, staff, on a job well done!
- November 1stEnd of the first 9 weeks
- November 2ndTeacher Work Day (No Students)
- November 5thParent Teacher Conference 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- November 6thProfessional Development (No Students)
- November 21st - November 23rdThanksgiving Break for both Staff and Students
- December 20-January 1stWinter Break
- January 2Professional Development (No Students)
- January 3Early Dismissal. 1/2 day for students, End of 2nd 9 weeks
- January 21stHoliday for Staff and Students