KEYS Academy Charlottesville is a Private Day School licensed by the Virginia Department of Education to serve Special Education students in grades K through 12. We are located at 3020 Fontaine Ave Extended, Charlottesville, VA 22903. Our Phone number is 434-995-5810. If you need to reach us by fax, our fax number is 434-995-5768. If you would like to contact us, please click here.
2nd quarter summary
As we are entering a new month, a new year, and a new decade I just want to say how incredibly excited I am to be working with such wonderful students and staff at KEYS Academy. I look forward to the new beginnings and finding new “Can Do’s” to help us all become better “Social Thinkers” during this 2nd half of the school year.
Just a reminder that if we have inclement weather, we will follow the Albemarle County Public School Closings. It will also be announced on the following stations:
Janna Kincaid, M.Ed., Director
On December 2017, KEYS Academy-Charlottesville received word that they have been granted accreditation status through VAISEF, Virginia Association of Independent Special Education Facilities. This is a 5 year accreditation period. KEYS Academy-Charlottesville is also licensed through the VDOE. Congratulations, staff, on a job well done!
We follow the Albemarle County Schedule so if they are closed for inclement weather, professional development days, or holidays, KEYS Academy will also be closed.
SOL Testing for High School begins this week and will end on January 17th
- January 17thLast day of the 9 weeks (½ day for students)
- January 20thNo School for Students or Staff
- January 21stNo School for students-Teacher Work Day
- March 2ndNo School for students-Professional Development Day for Staff
- March 3rdNo School for Students-Teacher Work Day
- April 3rdHalf Day for Students
- April 6th-10thSpring Break
- May 4thSpring SOL Window opens
- May 25thNo School for Students or Staff
- June 5thLast day of School for students (½ day for students)
ESY Dates to be announced later