KEYS Academy Charlottesville is a Private Day School licensed by the Virginia Department of Education to serve Special Education students in grades K through 12. We are located at 3020 Fontaine Ave Extended, Charlottesville, VA 22903. Our Phone number is 434-995-5810. If you need to reach us by fax, our fax number is 434-995-5768. If you would like to contact us, please click here.
1st quarter summary
As we approach the end of our 1st 9 weeks we are happy to report that our students have settled in to the new school year and already earning KEYS to their Big Life! We have focused on the “Who Matters” Key this 9 weeks.
Who Matters?, deals with the strengths we each possess, and how each one of us can use our strengths and resources to make a difference in our own lives and in the lives of those we meet. Teachers and para-educators have been creating fun and exciting activities to go along with this key, and our students have been invested in discovering their own strengths.
Students have also been focused on their academic success this 9 weeks, and have been knocking it out of the park with regard to effort shown individually and in group settings!
Janna Kincaid, M.Ed., Director
On December 2017, KEYS Academy-Charlottesville received word that they have been granted accreditation status through VAISEF, Virginia Association of Independent Special Education Facilities. This is a 5 year accreditation period. KEYS Academy-Charlottesville is also licensed through the VDOE. Congratulations, staff, on a job well done!
We follow the Albemarle County Schedule so if they are closed for inclement weather, professional development days, or holidays, KEYS Academy will also be closed.
- October 31stEnd of the 9 week grading period
- November 1stTeacher work day-no students
- November 4thParent Teacher conferences 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- November 5thProfessional Development-no students
- November 27th-29thThanksgiving Break-no school for students or staff
- December 23-January 3rdWinter Break
- January 17thEnd of the 2nd 9 weeks
- January 20thHoliday for Students and staff
- January 21stProfessional Development-No students