KEYS Academy Culpeper is a Private Day School licensed by the Virginia Department of Education to serve Special Education students in grades K through 12. We are located at 14095 Lovers Lane, Culpeper,VA 22701. Our Phone number is 540-827-4042. If you need to reach us by fax, our fax number is 540-827-4607. If you would like to contact us, please click here.
1st Quarter Director’s Wrap-Up: 2019-2020 School Year
The 2019-2020 school year has started in earnest here at KEYS Academy-Culpeper, with our high school students and staff focusing on upcoming assessments and graduation requirements. We have worked diligently on remediating and guided practice sessions in preparation for upcoming Work Keys and SOL tests. Writing assessments in our high school will run from October 23 – November 1.
We are also very proud to announce that we have multiple students working on transitioning to their base school. Our staff has worked closely with returning and incoming students on completing their Behavior Intervention Keys (BIK’s) as well as their Safety Check questionnaires in order to begin helping them make progress towards maintaining expected behaviors and an appropriate level of well-being as they navigate through different school and community environments.
As always, we are currently teaching the components of our KEYS and Social Thinking curriculums in order to assist students with their social and emotional well-being as we begin this new school year and experience new challenges.
Stefan Orange, Director
On December 2017, KEYS Academy-Culpeper received word that they have been granted accreditation status through VAISEF, Virginia Association of Independent Special Education Facilities. This is a 5 year accreditation period. KEYS Academy-Culpeper is also licensed through the VDOE. Congratulations, staff, on a job well done!
- November 27-29No school for students and staff – Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 20End of 2nd Grading Period
- December 20Early Dismissal (1:30pm)
- December 23-31No school for students and staff – Winter Break
- January 1No school for students and staff – Winter Break
- January 2No school for students – Teacher/Staff Workday
- January 3No school for students – Professional Development
- January 6Return to school from winter break – Begin 3rd Grading Period
- January 20No school for students and staff- MLK Holiday